Expatriate Services

The fast-growing and stable island of Mauritius is a good alternative for many expats. Renesis provides assistance to those who are considering to relocate to Mauritius for either retirement or business purposes. Our professionals shall assist you with the application of the Occupation Permit (Residence Permit) or Permanent Residence Permit and later with the acquisition or rental of residential property and office premises in Mauritius.

The Occupation Permit (OP) is a combined work and residence permit which allows foreign nationals to work and reside in Mauritius under the following categories:


The proposed business activity should generate an annual turnover of at least MUR 2 million for the first year. There must be an initial transfer of USD 100,000


A professional should earn a monthly basic salary exceeding MUR 60,000. As for professionals in the ICT Sector, the monthly basic salary should exceed MUR 30,000.


A Self-Employed should make an initial transfer of USD 35,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency to his/her local bank account in Mauritius. The business activity should generate an annual income exceeding MUR 600,000 in the first 2 years and MUR 1,200,000 as from the third year.

Foreign nationals, above the age of 50 years, may choose to retire in Mauritius under a RP.

The Retired Non-Citizen must undertake to transfer to his/her local bank account in Mauritius an initial transfer of at least USD 2,500. Thereafter, the Retired Non-Citizen should transfer at least USD 2,500 monthly or a sum by instalments amounting to at least USD 30,000 annually.

The Permanent Residence Permit allows a non-citizen to work and live in Mauritius for a period of ten years. The following categories are eligible for the Permanent Residence Permit.

  • An investor who holds a valid Occupation Permit and the aggregate turnover of his company has exceeded 45 million rupees for any consecutive period of 3 years.
  • An investor who invests at least USD 500,000 in a qualifying business activity as per list below:

  • self-employed who holds an Occupation Permit and where the annual income exceeded MUR 3 million for three consecutive years.   

  • professional having a valid Occupation or a Work Permit and whose monthly basic salary exceeded MUR 150,000 for three consecutive years immediately preceding the application.

  • retired non-citizen who has held a Residence Permit for three years and has transferred USD 40,000 annually to his account in a local bank during each of these three years.